2022年5月31日火曜日

How to say, “I didn’t expect it” in Japanese

(image: Rachata Stock)

There are several ways to say 'I didn't expect it' in Japanese. Here are some:


1. 2. I didn't expect it. / That was unexpected.

 予想(よそう)してなかった  prononced as yo-so-o shi-te-na-ka-t-ta

 意外(いがい)だった prononced as i-ga-i da-t-ta


The difference between 1 and 2


予想する= to expect

意= feelings, thoughts

外 = outside

As you can guess from these Kanji, the first phrase literally means 'didn't expect', and the second one means more like 'that's different from what I thought'


3. 裏切(うらぎ)られた prononced as u-ra-gi-ra-re-ta


裏切る is a verb 'to betray' and 裏切られた is a passive form of it.

This phrase is used in both good and bad ways (ex: 信じていたのに、友達に裏切られた- I trusted my friend, but I was betrayed by her)




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

軟派 (nanpa)

   Nanpa means player, a seducer, or someone that pick ups on women (oftenly) in the streets  by Clém